Monday, July 21, 2008

Storm Damage

Early this morning, I experienced one of the worst storms I have ever been in. I awoke to heavy wind (channel 8 says 90+mph) and rain and trees crashing in the neighborhood. I woke Michael up and headed to the first floor though I was really afraid a tree would come through the roof, I truly just wanted to be closer to the basement. Sometime after we headed downstairs Michael's window blew in so his room was pretty WET. Luckily the window wasn't broken and there was a matress on the floor (Daniel's bed when he spends the night) that soked up most of the water. It could have been much worse:). We luckily didn't lose any of our trees. Truly the worst part for me was trying to keep 2 seven year olds busy with no power. You'd think life was ending with no tv, no movies, no wii, no computer or webkinz, and to top it off the pool was full of gunk!! We finally had our power restored around 2:30pm.

The following pictures are from Oakland Cemetary:

2 comments:

Renee said...

I was wondering how you made out in the storm! I saw some pics on the news of Princeton and I hoped you were all ok. Pretty freaky the damage, Mendota didn't get it very bad thankfully. Glad to hear all is well.

DeGaetano Dillies said...

wow! I missed all the action because we were at Bubba's once again! I am so glad you guys did ok. Despite hours of no electricity. I am sure it was hard, because I know as an adult I too go stir crazy when it is out. The pictures are unreal!! Thanks for picking up my veggies even in the midst of all the commotion!