Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mission Trip to New York City

Here are just a few of the many pictures I took. If you are interested in seing more, please visit: http://picasaweb.google.com/kramer8301

And we're off............


A little time for sightseeing....
The Statue of Liberty????????
Okay ... that's better!!

Ground Zero

St. Mary's Cathedral across from Ground Zero (now holds all the momentos left at Ground Zero following 9-11)


Times Square
Rockaway Beach

Flushing Meadows (Home of the World Fair in the 60's)


Lots of Mission Work



The Soup Kitchen at First Presbyterian of Jamaica in Queens where we stayed:



Working at the Salvation Army Kid's Club



On Wednesday our group made 100 sandwiches and then on Thursday we were given the opportunity to help Ken deliver them in the Salvation Army canteen truck! I learned that not all homeless look like I expected them to look!



Time to head for home..........





What a rewarding and wonderful week for all of us!! Boy, am I tired!!

4 comments:

DeGaetano Dillies said...

No naps for you today?? I can't believe you got this on here already...well, actually I can! The Pics are AWESOME! I am so glad you were able to go on this trip. I know it was hard to be away from home. But you sure helped make a lot of memories!!! Welcome home, Becky! See you in the morning???!!! I only have 2 sundays left, so hope so.

Love you,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys are super!

KarinT said...

What an experience. Looks like you did a lot in a short period of time. Can't wait to hear more of the details.

Unknown said...

Hey Becky,

I'm glad you're back with the cows and cornfields. I thought of you all week. From the looks on your face I can tell that this was a very rewarding experience.

Michael seemed very happy at Kid's Kamp when I saw him this week. I'll talk to you soon.

Jodi